It comes as no surprise that I’m a biased iPhone owner who loves to rave about the next “big thing” on my favorite gadget. So this time I thought I’d make a quick shout-out to those who have stuck by their trusty and long-time running BlackBerry smartphone. I mean it was this remarkable device that started the mobile email revolution, which made emailing the new text message and lunch with certain work fanatics a sad joke. It’s also no surprise, after they came out with their own touch screen model last year, that BlackBerry would jump on the bandwagon and launch the all-new “BlackBerry App World.”
So devoted BBM addicts rejoice, because the days of feeling envious of your pal’s impressive iPhone app collection are finally over.
What’s even better is this new feature is free and is available in one convenient location. Tons of apps are already up and ready for you to download. You can load up on animated games, social networking, online shopping, personal productivity, organization tools and other fun and functional apps.
- AOL Instant Messenger: chat from wherever you are with this instant messaging (IM) service.
- Bloomberg LP: Bring the power of the most trusted source for financial information to your BlackBerry, along with tools to help you analyze the world’s markets.
- Livestrong: The Livestrong.com Calorie Tracker helps you determine a daily calorie target based on your weight and weight goal.
- Myspace: Get the premium mobile MySpace™ experience designed for BlackBerry smartphones and is free of charge.
- Shazam: Create and share music moments and stories. With Shazam you can identify music tracks, buy them, and share the tags with friends.
- Pandora: It’s radio that is personalized just for you, playing only the music that you love.
App World has given BB owners the new ability to personalize their smartphone with tons of new and innovative applications so you’ll never feel bored again. You can download BlackBerry App World from your desktop computer or right from your phone at no cost. However, purchasing apps from the App World require a PayPal account. If you already have an account with PayPal you are ready to start downloading. If not, click here to create an account.
Have a great idea for an app? BlackBerry is accepting applications for app development, so you can showcase your applications to millions of BlackBerry smartphone users. Click here for more information on app development submissions.