It’s the most wonderful—and sweet—time of year when special holiday-themed candy stocks the shelves for seasonal baking, celebratory events, gifts and stocking stuffers. But what is the most popular candy to ensure your entertaining is a hit over the holidays?
The online bulk candy store CandyStore.com was curious enough to survey over 23,000 customers to determine the most popular Christmas candy in each state, which was then cross-referenced by candy manufacturers and distributors to ensure that survey results corresponded with their seasonal observations.
In Arizona, the most popular holiday candy is Hershey Kisses, which knocked our Reese’s Cup Minis, last year’s winner, to second place, followed by Skittles in third place.
Hover over the fun interactive map below to explore other states’ favorite Christmas candy.
In the meantime, here are some holiday candy quick facts:
- 93% of people gift chocolate and candy for the winter holidays.
- 1.76 Billion candy canes are produced every year for the holiday season.
- 72% of people eat a candy cane starting on the straight end, the rest start on the curved end.
- Approximately 150 million chocolate Santas are produced annually.
- The largest candy cane in the world was made in Switzerland. It was 51 feet long.
- December 26th is National Candy Cane Day.
- Canada spent $362M (USD) in Dec 2014 on candy, confectionary & snack foods.
- 57% of holiday sales are expected to be online – slightly less than 2020 for maybe obvious reasons.
Check out the full report here.