School may be out for summer, but Summer Cocktail Camp is just getting started. The super-popular craft cocktail-making classes are a seven-week tour of the Valley’s hottest cocktail spots, starting from 1 to 3 p.m. on July 17 and continuing weekly (on Sundays) through the end of August. With the $38 ticket price (plus a nominal processing fee), Summer Cocktail Campers enjoy three or four cocktails (varies based on the complexity of the cocktails featured), two hours of fun and a special takeaway gift. A la carte food items will also be available at some editions of Summer Cocktail Camp for an additional price. Phoenix Magazine editor Craig Outhier, along with contributing cocktail writer Shelby Moore, will serve as the series emcee.
Summer Cocktail Camp 2016 dates:
- 7/17: The Ostrich – with Brandon Casey
- 7/24: Barrio Urbano – with Michael Allmandinger
- 7/31: The Gladly – with Brian Goodwin
- 8/7: Clever Koi – with Joshua James
- 8/14: Christopher’s + Crush – with Travis Nass
- 8/21: Jade Bar – with Eddie Garcia
- 8/28: Virtu – with Fernando Bambaren and Jeremy Key
Seating is limited and courses are expected to sell out quickly, so purchase tickets for desired dates right away.