It’s the most wonderful time of the year for sunshine-loving baseball fans, as Spring Training kicks off in the Valley. Whether you’re grabbing a drink before the game or need a little nourishment after, here’s where to dig in during Spring Training in the Valley.
MATCH Restaurant & Lounge features modern comfort food favorites. Open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and happy hour, MATCH offers a creative spin on comfort food with favorites like, charred wings with apricot-habanero sauce, buffalo-style cauliflower with bleu cheese crumbles, an array of delicious pizzas, and a list of salads for those veggie lovers. Sit at the bar or in the restaurant and refresh with a cold beer, with offerings like traditional Miller Lite or Coors Lite, or try a local IPA like Camelback IPA, IPA’s from SanTan Brewing, or Oak Creek Nut Brown Ale.
Centro Taqueria at Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia is dishing up a satisfying Spring Training of elevated game-day eats menu, with Centro wings, Sonoran hot dog, crispy chicken sandwich, short rib taco and more. Plus, to quench your thirst, Centro wines and Tres Amigos pitcher of margaritas are 25 percent off. Buckets and pitchers of beer are also available.
Bring in your same-day Spring Training ticket to Arcadia Tavern and get a draft beer for a penny. Valid during any Spring Training game through the entire season.
Dorian in Old Town Scottsdale will be offering $3 bottles of beer, select glasses of wine and well drinks with a same-day Spring Training ticket. (This offer will be limited to your first cocktail only). Valid during any Spring Training game through the entire season.
Those going to games at Mesa stadiums for Spring Training can get $1 off a pint by showing their game-day ticket at Cider Corps.
Bring your Spring Training ticket to Paz Cantina for buy one, get one half off entrées and buy one, get one for a penny draft beers on the same day of the game.
Pita Jungle is celebrating Spring Training with a new Home Run 4 Hummus promotion. Present your ticket or ticket stub on game day at any participating Valley Pita Jungle location and receive a free small individual hummus or specialty dip. Only valid for day of game tickets and one ticket redemption per table. Dine-in only at participating locations.
Beckett’s Table and Southern Rail are offering guests who show their same-day game ticket, for any team, a free order of three deviled eggs at Beckett’s Table or a free order of Dirty Rice Balls at Southern Rail. One order per table/visit..
CRUjiente Tacos is serving up dollar pints. Spring Training spectators can present their same-day Cactus League ticket to receive their first pint of beer for a buck. That includes Dos Equis, Negra Modelo, Bavik, Firestone Walker 805 Blonde and other selections.
Throughout Spring Training, guests of Urban Margarita in Glendale can enjoy a free taco of their choice (steak, chicken or carnitas) when they present their ticket stubs from any local spring training game. Offer is available all day; valid on tickets from same-day games only.
Hand Cut Burgers & Chophouse, Dierks Bentley’s Whiskey Row, El Hefe and Riot House are all offering a penny Bud Light with your spring training ticket stub. Limit one per customer. Promotion runs through April 1.
Anyone who stops by Starlite BBQ after attending a Cactus League Spring Training game will receive happy hour pricing on one food or drink item of their choice, regardless of time of day.
Thai Chili 2 Go celebrates Spring Training by offering baseball fans with a same-day ticket a free drink or free order of Thai dumplings throughout the season.
Chompie’s is offering a buy one, get one free deal on its Waygu kobe beef burgers or all-natural hormone-free chicken breast sandwiches all season long. Costumers can mix or match and the lesser value will be discounted.
Fired Pie is offering 10 percent off to customers who show a valid Spring Training game ticket for the day of the game.
Guests who bring in their same-day baseball tickets to The VIG will enjoy 20 percent off their bill. This will include Arcadia, Fillmore, McCormick Ranch, McDowell Mountain and Uptown restaurants.
Two Brother’s Tap House & Brewery in Scottsdale added Spring Training-themed drinks, like the Cubbie Cosmo and Giants Juice, to the menu, along with dishes inspired by the two teams playing nearby, including San Francisco Clam Chowder and Chicago Dogs with the works. On top of that, all baseball fans will receive a free appetizer with same-day tickets, either before or after the game.
Guests with a 2019 Spring Training ticket stub can buy one of Moxy Tempe’s three Pimped-Up Dogs, and get any beer on draft or non-alcoholic beverage for free.
The latest “Show Stopper” Shake at Hotel Valley Ho’s ZuZu is a sweet ode to baseball: a malted chocolate shake with a sweet-and-salty cupcake, milk chocolate ganache, baseball truffles, chocolate-covered potato chips, cracker jack popcorn ball, salted peanuts, bubble gum, whoppers and vanilla whipped cream. Enjoy the shake during the month of March, from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily.
Tempe Marketplace is the ultimate one-stop pregame spot for Chicago Cubs fans. Park your car at Tempe Marketplace and catch a free trolley ride to the Chicago Cubs 2019 Spring Training games at Sloan Park. Plus, enjoy these show-your-stub deals from Feb. 21 to March 26:
- Auntie Anne’s, 20 percent off.
- Bar Louie, 20 percent off. Excludes alcohol, not valid with any other offer.
- California Pizza Kitchen, 20 percent off. Excludes alcohol and gratuity.
- Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, $1 off any large iced beverage.
- Cold Stone, two for $8, Get 2 Love It Size Create Your Own (ice cream and one mix-in) for $8.
- Dave & Buster’s, Free Unlimited Game Play
- Genghis Grill, $2 Bud Light Drafts, $3 Premium Drafts, $2 Sake, $2 Well Drinks, $2 Mimosas
- Kabuki, 15 percent off your check with same-day ticket. Restrictions apply. One per party, per table, per visit.
- The Keg, complimentary entrée with purchase of an entrée.
- King’s Fish House, complimentary appetizer. Valid with minimum $25 purchase for appetizers up to $16.95. Not valid on seafood combos or platters. Limit one per table.
- Lucille’s BBQ, $5 off $20 purchase or more.
- Mojo Yogurt. 25 percent off.
- Portillo’s, receive a free sandwich with the purchase of a sandwich, side and drink.
- Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, free caramel apple of choice with the purchase of any other caramel apple. Not valid with any other discount or coupon. Free apple must be equal or lesser of purchase.
- Slices, buy two slices and a drink for $6.99.
- Thirsty Lion, 20 percent off. Excludes alcohol. Valid for ticket holders only. Not valid with any other deals or offers.
- Yogi’s Grill, free appetizer (egg rolls or sushi) or 10 percent off any purchase over $10.
A variety of restaurants at Westgate Entertainment District are offering deals for customers who show their same-day Spring Training ticket:
- Fat Tuesday, 25 percent off total bill and $1 190 daiquiris
- The Lola, 20 percent off total bill
- Low Key Piano Bar, 20 percent off food and $1 fishbowls
- McFadden’s Restaurant and Saloon, 20 percent off total bill
- Opa Life Greek Café, 20 percent off total bill
- Stir Crazy Comedy Club, 20 percent off food and beverage
- Salt Tacos y Tequila, $1 Marg or Bud Light pint and free select appetizer
- Whiskey Rose, $1 Marg or Bud Light pint and free select appetizer
- Kabuki Japanese Restaurant, 15 percent off total bill
- Saddle Ranch Chop House, $15 off total bill
- Shane’s Rib Shack, free kids meal with each adult entrée purchase
- BlendZ Boba Tea Lounge, 10 percent off total bill
- Buffalo Wild Wings, 10 percent off total bill
- Fresh Healthy Café, 10 percent off total bill
- Johnny Rockets, 10 percent off total bill
- Mama Gina’s Pizzeria, 10 percent off total bill
- Razzleberriez Frozen Yogurt, 10 percent off total bill