For more than 26 years, Phoenix’s TEXAZ Grill has been a neighborhood favorite known for its hearty Texas-inspired fare (think chicken-fried steak). Recently, the restaurant has decided to give Valley fans the chance to enjoy TEXAZ Grill for yet another meal: Sunday brunch.
Like many brunch menus, TEXAZ Grill’s Sunday brunch offering many breakfast staples; however, owner and head chef Steve Freidkin has given these traditional items a twist that make them uniquely TEXAZ Grill. This includes Eggs Bubba, a breakfast-of-champions dish made with two eggs cooked sunny-side up, atop biscuits, chicken fried steak, and gravy; Biscuits and Gravy, two buttermilk biscuits served in a sausage gravy; Huevos Ranchero, crisp corn tortillas topped with refried black beans, two sunny-side up eggs, ranchero sauce and cheddar cheese; and the Terlingua Scramble, three eggs scrambled with hot country sausage, onions, green chiles, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, Fritos and served with a large flour tortilla and salsa. All of the aforementioned dishes are served with Creole potatoes. For those who prefer lunch, dishes include Chicken Fried Goodness (chicken fried steak, chicken or pork), a hamburger built the way you want it, chopped BBQ brisket on a bun, turkey club sandwich, chicken sandwich and chef salad.
And to wash this all down, TEXAZ Grill has introduced a slew of a.m. cocktails:
· Bloody Tito – Tito’s Handmade Vodka, spicy tomato juice and a jalapeno
· Bloody Caesar – Tito’s Handmade Vodka, spicy Clamato juice and a pickled okra
· Bourbon Milk Punch – Bluebell homemade vanilla ice cream, sour mash Bourbon and a touch of nutmeg
· Terlingua Sunset – Republic Anejo Tequila, Grand Marnier, pineapple juice with a splash of orange juice and grenadine
· Cowboy Coffee – Republic Anejo Tequila, Kahlua, Bailey’s Irish cream and coffee
· Sunday Driver – The house screwdriver at a special Sunday price
TEXAZ Grill’s Sunday brunch is available from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. www.texazgrill.com.