Four Peaks Brewing Co.’s “Four Peaks 4 Teachers” classroom supply fundraiser has kicked off its eighth year of providing school supplies to thousands of Arizona teachers in partnership with Treasures 4 Teachers. Four Peaks co-founder Jim Scussel created the Four Peaks 4 Teachers initiative in 2010 after he learned from customers at Four Peaks that teachers regularly run out of basic classroom supplies, and often have to purchase supplies out of their own pockets. In an effort to help, Four Peaks rallied customers, staff and family to donate supplies for teachers to pick up at the brewery.
With help from partner organizations and through its own fundraising efforts, Four Peaks will purchase enough items to fill 4,500 supply kits for teachers in Phoenix, Tucson and Flagstaff. All teachers are invited to pick up vouchers June 19 through July 13, and will be able to redeem them for supply kits anytime between July 23 and July 27.
Fundraising for Four Peaks 4 Teachers began June 11 and will include direct donations from brewery partners and a portion of proceeds from beer sales at Four Peaks pubs and participating retailers. Additionally, Four Peaks will sell $5 raffle tickets inside its pubs and at fourpeaks.com, with prizes including a Phat Scooter, brewery neons, golf packages, brewery gift cards and more. Proceeds from raffle ticket sales will also be donated directly to Treasures 4 Teachers.
The distribution of the kits will be determined by the number of vouchers given out at each location; vouchers will have the date, time and location of the supply kit pickup.
Teachers can pick up their vouchers for free June 19 through July 13 at the following locations:
- Tucson: Monsoons Tap & Grill; Stillhouse Grill & Bar
- Tempe: Four Peaks 8th Street Brewery
- Scottsdale: Four Peaks Grill & Tap
- Flagstaff: Majestic Marketplace
- Goodyear: Goodyear Recreation Center (Tuesdays only)
Teachers will be able to redeem their vouchers and pick up their school supply kits on/at:
- Monday, July 23
- West Valley: Goodyear Ballpark, 4-8 p.m.
- Tucson: Monsoons Tap & Grill; Stillhouse Grill & Bar, 4-8 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 24
- Tempe: Treasures for Teachers Tempe, 4-7 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 25
- Tempe: Four Peaks 8th Street Brewery, 4-8 p.m.
- Scottsdale: Four Peaks Grill & Tap, 4-8 p.m.
- Thursday, July 26
- Scottsdale: Treasures for Teachers Tempe, 4-7 p.m.
- Flagstaff: Majestic Marketplace, 4-7 p.m.
- Friday, July 27
- Tempe: Four Peaks 8th Street Brewery, 2-6 p.m.
- Scottsdale: Four Peaks Grill & Tap, 2-6 p.m.
Teachers who are unable to collect their boxes at the times listed on their vouchers may do so at a special Teachers Happy Hour on July 27 at Four Peaks 8th Street Brewery from 2 to 6 p.m.