There is something buzz-worthy going on in the Valley this weekend. Sept. 29 and 30, The Boulders Resort and el Pedregal in Carefree introduces its first annual Arizona Honey Festival. Here’s a peek at what event-goers can expect this weekend:
• On stage “Cooking with Honey” demonstrations with guest chefs from Waldorf Astoria luxury resorts including Waldorf Astoria Park City-Utah; Arizona Biltmore-Phoenix; La Quinta Resort-Palm Springs; The Roosevelt-New Orleans; and the Boulders Resort-Carefree, Arizona
• Live bluegrass entertainment on stage and in the courtyard integrating upright bass, guitar, mandolin, dobro, banjo and vocals by the Barefoot & Pregnant, Jimmy Pines & Washboard, and Chicken & Waffles bands
• Emily Brown, the 2012 American “Queen Bee” on stage talking about the life of a honey bee, how bees make honey and bees wax candles
• A courtyard “honey market” with local bee farms and honey tastings
• Wine tastings by AZ Wines
• Children’s activities including honeycomb cookie decorating at the Bakery Café, visits from the “Bee” mascot, encaustic art exhibits and demonstrations at “The Studio” led by the 2012 “Honey Princess”
• Buzzing bee specials at the shops, galleries and restaurants
• courtyard lunch offerings
• “Honey Jar” gift drawings throughout the weekend
• Honey-inspired culinary treats and spirits including the honey cakes at the Bakery Café, honey fry bread, honey cocktails and freshly-made Arizona honey to bring home
Best of all, it is free to attend events at the first annual Arizona Honey Festival and foods and wine will be available for purchase. www.theboulders.com.
For more fab food news, follow us on Twitter @AZFoothillsFood, become a fan on Facebook and check us out on Pinterest.
From the owners of Taco Guild in Phoenix, Michael Stone and Carlos Maquez, comes "Ofrenda" a new Mexican restaurant in Cave Creek.
Scramble – A Breakfast Joint’s Scottsdale location has launched “Think Global — Eat Local” Junior Edition. The quarterly…