We have a mega-crush on Phoenix’s St. Francis restaurant, and we think brunch is possibly the best mealtime (it’s breakfast with dessert!) So we were delighted to hear that St. Francis is now offering a stellar brunch on Sundays. The brunch, which takes place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., features live entertainment from jazz vocalist, Dennis Rowland. While the St. Francis Sunday Brunch menu will change seasonally, here is the low-down on what you can expect now:
From the wood-fired brick oven:
• Open-Face Smoked Bacon Sandwich, avocado, egg salad, pickled jalapeno
• Bakes Eggs, red wine-braised beef, spring vegetables, garlic croutons
• Bakes Eggs “en cocotte”, artichokes, peas, leeks, fine herbs, parmesan
Other brunch selections:
• House-made biscuit with spring vegetable gravy and fried egg
• Smoked salmon, poached egg, English muffin, hollandaise sauce
• French Onion Burger, smoked bacon, gruyere cheese, crispy onion
• Iron-Skillet Pancakes with olive oil, dark chocolate, raspberries and crème fraiche
• Sticky Toffee Pudding with sweet cream gelato
• Galette with spring berries and rhubarb, toasted almonds
St. Francis is located at 111 E. Camelback Rd., Phoenix. 602.200.8111, www.stfrancisaz.com.
Last year, sweet-toothed locals headed to Scoopwell’s Dough Bar pop-up at Tempe Public Market Café, which sold out. Now, the husband-and-wife-run edible cookie dough shop is opening its first permanent shop at 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 12, at Uptown Plaza in Phoenix.
Now that the unofficial summer season is upon us, The Market Restaurant + Bar by Jennifer's in Phoenix is kicking off its season of fab summer specials and deals (summer includes Memorial Day through Labor Day).