We’re giving you a lovely little round-up of some luxurious stays that are incorporating some Roaring 20s appeal in honor of the soon-to-be released film, The Great Gatsby (opening May 10). Take a look at some of the hotels and resorts glistening with all things Gatsby.
The US Grant Hotel, San Diego
The 102-year old hotel perpetuates glamour, and at the Deco-style Grant Grill and Grant Grill Lounge, guests can celebrate the excitement of the Great Gatsby with the iconic hotel’s Gatsby Nights package.
The Gatsby Nights package includes:
- One-night accommodations in an elegant guest room.
- Build-your-own nightcap experience with the Sidecar ingredients set up in the guest’s room in the evening. Created during the year of The Great Gatsby, 1922, the timeless cocktail is a fine balance of Remy Martin VSOP, Cointreau and Fresh Meyer Lemon.
- Paperback copy of the classic The Great Gatsby to read during their stay or take home.
Available from May 10 to September 30, 2013
The Surrey, New York
In response to the immense anticipation of the film, The Surrey hotel has partnered with luxury men’s clothing brand, ISAIA, to unveil a whole new appreciation of fashion during the 20s. Guests staying in Suites at The Surrey will be able to channel The Great Gatsby’s 20th century fashion through ISAIA’s Made to Measure specialized service package with the Summer of Gatsby.
The Summer of Gatsby includes:
- Exclusive Made to Measure fittings for guests staying in Suites from May 10th – August 31st provided by ISAIA’s Made to Measure specialist
- Guests may arrange the customized service through The Surrey’s Les Clefs d’Or Concierge team by calling 212.288.3700.
Rates start at $995 per night for Grand Deluxe Suites. Appointments are subject to availability.
Vanderbilt Grace, Newport, Rhode Island
While Baz Luhrmann’s adaptation of The Great Gatsby stars Leonardo DiCaprio in its illustrious cast, it was the 1974 adaptation of the novel that featured the grand Newport mansions that were once the playground for the rich and famous of the Gilded Age. As Gatsby fever starts taking hold, Vanderbilt Grace is offering guests a chance to explore this historic city with the Grace Gatsby package, featuring a Vintage Vanderbilt dinner that Chef Jonathan Cartwright modeled on a Vanderbilt family menu from 1912.
The Grace Gatsby package includes:
- Two-night stay at Vanderbilt Grace
- Two Newport Mansion Passports (includes admission to any five of the following: The Breakers, Chateau-sur-Mer, Chepstow, The Elms, Green Animals Topiary Garden, Isaac Bell House, Kingscote, Marble House and Rosecliff)
- Sunset sailing for two, a tour guide will be aboard to talk about the history of Newport
- Champagne Breakfast for two each morning
- Vintage Vanderbilt five course dinner for two with wine pairings
- Welcome Gift
Rates starting at $1,110 per couple. Available from April 25 to September 30, 2013