The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa invites guests to celebrate the Fourth of July weekend with snow, ice and plenty of cool treats as it presents the Fourth of July Big Chill.
Activities for Resort guests will include:
- The Whiteout – The Resort will host a mid-morning snowfall with six tons of snow for kids of all ages to enjoy on Saturday, July 4 and Sunday, July 5.
- The Polar Pool – Temperatures will drop at the Adventure Pool as 800 pounds of ice are dropped into the pool on Saturday and Sunday afternoon.
- The Chill Zone – Guests will be invited to head indoors to the Chill Zone ballroom for showings of the animated big-screen favorites, Ice Age and Happy Feet, as well as savoring icy cold treats.
In addition to its freezing fun, The Westin Kierland will offer a host of weekend activities for families including a watermelon eating contest, Jack’s Smokin’ BBQ on Friday and Saturday evenings, poolside games, and s’mores. As always, guests can also cool off surfing and bodyboarding on the Kierland FlowRider wave simulator, in the 900-foot-long lazy river and on a 110-foot waterslide – all at the Resort’s Adventure Water Park.
Activities Open to the Public:
- Glacier Glide – On the evenings of July 3 and July 4, Resort guests and local residents can enjoy a cool spin around the Resort’s synthetic ice rink overlooking the golf course. Skate rentals are $10 for Resort guests and $20 for non-Resort guests.
- Star-Spangled Sundown – Celebrate Independence Day with Star-Spangled Sundown, a 3-D PaintScaping show in which the 11-story Resort walls come alive with all-American imagery paired with patriotic music. Shows are held at 8 p.m., 8:30 p.m., 9 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. nightly through July 5 in the Dreamweavers Canyon.