While there is certainly no reason to complain about winter in the desert (hello perfect sweater weather temperatures), it does feel sometimes that we are missing out on how winter is done in other parts of the country.
To help you avoid that winter FOMO, we’ve rounded up five resorts that are definitely worth a visit during the winter months.
1. Arabella Hotel Sedona | Sedona, Arizona
To be honest, these red rocks are stunning any time of the year.
However, there is something especially magical about the red rocks when they have a light dusting of snow on them.
You can enjoy all that the beauty of Sedona and its red rocks have to offer when you stay at Arabella Hotel Sedona.
With fire pits scattered all over the property, you’ll love cozying up in a blanket and sitting by the fire to watch some of the most gorgeous sunsets you could ever imagine.
Currently, Arabella is offering an Advanced Purchase package. By booking your stay 60 days or more in advance, you’ll get 20% off of your stay at the hotel.
To book your stay at Arabella Hotel Sedona, visit here.
2. The Keating Hotel | San Diego, California
Who doesn’t love the beach? Spring, summer, fall, winter — anytime you’re at the beach is a great time.
But escaping to the waters of California during the winter is a great way to see how the temperature drops change the vibe of this city around.
By staying at The Keating Hotel, you’ll be in the heart of the city’s Gaslamp Quarter, where you’ll be a part of all the excitement that this festive area has to offer.
And how about a great package at The Keating Hotel that will tour you around the city’s finest breweries?
The Hotshots Brewery Tour package includes:
- Two-night stay in a room of your choice
- A 6-pack of beer from local breweries that has been curated by the Hotshots themselves
- A beer “consultation” with the Hotshots to help ensure the beers you tour are beers you’ll like
- A 6-hour brewery tour aboard a custom firetruck limo that includes dinner or lunch from a local BBQ restaurant
To book your stay at The Keating Hotel, visit here.
3. Carlsbad by the Sea Resort | Carlsbad, California
If you’re looking for a family-friendly winter getaway, then Carlsbad is the place to be.
Just one mile from LEGOLAND and just two miles from Carlsbad State Beach, your family will love the activities that this area offers.
And when staying at Carlsbad by the Sea Resort, you’re going to love Carlsbad even more.
The resort’s fabulous LEGOLAND California Package is perfect for your family vacation. It includes:
- One night room and tax
- 4 single day passes to LEGOLAND California Park
To book your stay at Carlsbad by the Sea Resort, visit here.
4. Casa Velas | Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Leave the kiddos at home and take a trip to Puerto Vallarta where the culture of Mexico will give you the ideal winter vacay.
While there is no shortage of things to do in Puerto Vallarta, you’ll especially enjoy the vibrant art that this city offers.
And if you’re staying at adults-only boutique hotel Casa Velas, you’ll enjoy a complimentary tour of the art galleries of downtown Puerto Vallarta.
This tour will take you to:
- Colectika, a contemporary art gallery that uses Mexican and Native traditions to create new ways expressing traditions and beliefs
- Galeria des Artistes
- Galeria Omar Alonso
- Galeria Nordsouth
- Nightcap at popular bar Cafe des Artistes
To book your stay at Casa Velas, visit here.
5. Kona Kai Resort & Spa | San Diego, California
Located on the tip of Shelter Island, staying at Kona Kai will provide you with a great, but different way to see San Diego’s winter wonders.
However, you may not feel a need to leave the resort with all that it has to offer.
Kona Kai has recently completed its anticipated Coastal Revival Suites, as well as an Outdoor Terrace event space, and a completely new pool area with a California-vibe pool bar.
And it’s spa is not to be missed, especially with the package its currently offering.
The Relax, Renew, Revive package includes:
- Two 50-minute spa treatments
- Lunch for two at the spa
- Healthy breakfast daily for two
- Beach cabana for the day with treats (bottled water and fresh whole fruit)
To book your stay at Kona Kai Resort & Spa, visit here.