A couple months ago, we featured the Golden Age inspired boutique stay, Hotel DeLuxe. Now, we would like to introduce its sister accommodation, Hotel Lucia in downtown Portland. Much like Hotel DeLuxe, Hotel Lucia takes pride in its local scene, even displaying the largest permanent collection of black and white photographs from Portland-based and Pulitzer prize-winning photographer, David Hume Kennerly. But instead of feasting our eyes, we are feasting our taste buds on Hotel Lucia’s two in-house restaurants, the newly-opened and critically-acclaimed Imperial and Penny Diner, brainchildren of Chef Vitaly Paley.
This package features the James Beard Award winner and Iron Chef America champion’s favorite local products, a signed copy of his cookbook and delectable dining right on site.
Guests will enjoy an only-in-Portland epicurean getaway, staying in a luxurious room at Hotel Lucia and receive:
- $50 gift certificate for dining in either Imperial or Portland Penny Diner.
- Autographed copy of The Paley’s Place Cookbook
- Welcome basket curated by the acclaimed chef featuring some of his
- favorite local products
- Bottle of Argyle Brut sparkling wine from
- the nearby Willamette Valley wine country
- Hand-crafted chocolates from Portland’s own Cacao chocolatier
- Two of Paley’s signature Fruit & Nut Bars, a delicious blend of dried fruits, nuts, and honey, perfect for pairing with cheese or nibbling out of hand
Hotel Lucia’s “Paley’s Picks” package is priced from $289 per night, plus tax, and is available now through June 30, 2013.
Photos: Courtesy of ImperialPDX