Phoenix Arizona is centrally located for the great American road trip. Be your journey to the nearby central California wine country, or to local Phoenix Valley area attractions, such as the Apache Trail through the spectacular Superstitions Mountains, we all know that our choice of vehicle can make all of the difference. This is where Nissan comes into play, doing its part with the creation of the worlds most versatile journey vehicle, the 2011 Nissan Murano Cross-Cabriolet.
Premiering at the 2010 Los Angeles Auto Show, the Nissan Murano Cross-Cabriolet is the world’s first all wheel drive cross-over convertible. Features include:
- Intuitive All-Wheel Drive for all-season, all-weather conditions
- Refined and efficient 3.5-Liter V6 engine that produces 265 hp and
248 lb-ft torque
- Heated steering wheel, front seats and outside mirrors
- Nissan Navigation System with XM NavTraffic updates, XM NavWeather alerts and Zagat Survey restaurant guide
- Bose audio system with auto-adjusting amplifier for top up or down
- Bluetooth Hands-free Phone System
- Nissan Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition
Nissan engineers faced numerous obstacles when designing the Cross-Cabriolet. Rigidity had to be increased to compensate for the loss of the B-pillars, thus the A-pillars received a good deal of reinforcement. To keep the standard model’s profile, the Cross-Cabriolet’s two doors are 7.9 inches longer than the standard Murano’s front doors. The canvas roof (available in either black or light brown) employs a glass window for strength, security, and a longer lifespan for the top(important in the Phoenix Arizona Sun). Aerodynamic efficiency remains at a good standard of 0.39 Cd compared to the basic Murano’s 0.37 Cd.
According to Nissan’s own spokesmen, the new 2011 Murano Cross-Cabriolet is not intended to be a mass production, high volume vehicle, but rather is something different, something for those with a particular taste and lifestyle, as well as for those with a certain boldness to know when an unusual vehicle speaks to an aspect of who they are.
Phoenix Arizona residents can view and test drive the new 2011 Nissan Murano Cross-Cabriolet at their local Phoenix Arizona Nissan dealer.