What we love:
- Many driver assists come standard. Like forward collision warning with automated emergency braking, lane-departure warning and adaptive cruise control.
- Tackles the tough trails with ease. Make sure to select the more powerful V6, and keep the TRD Pro model in mind if you need additional ground clearance, beefier shock absorbers and thicker tires.
- Rugged good looks and that famous reliability.
What we don’t:
- Lackluster interior, with sub-par materials and a heavy preference to plastic.
- A backseat that will squeeze you like a stress ball.
- Besides the center-console space, there’s a curious absence of useful storage bins and cubbies.
- A six-speed automatic gearbox that fumbles and second-guesses gear changes.
The Toyota Tacoma holds tight to its roots, delivering all the rugged, off-road talent that made it a popular choice amongst ‘Taco’ enthusiasts from the beginning. Its dated transmission and rather utilitarian interior quality are in need of serious updates to help bring overall refinement more in-line with the competition.
SR5 model Starts at: $29,365.00