The impact of performing a small gesture for a loved one can go such a long way. Whether it is for an anniversary, holiday, or simply just because, romantic gestures express appreciation and help strengthen the bond between couples. At Kelleher International, we know just how important these gestures are. However, knowing when or what to do can be difficult. That is why we are here with a few tips! Below are five small gestures of love that any individual can do for their sweetheart:
(1) Say “I love you” – After time, “I love you” can begin to lose its impact. It is important to vary the way that you tell your significant other you love them. For instance, take the time to write a letter. Reminisce about the relationship and how far both of you have come. Or, do so through an email. Another creative way to leave quotes or words of flattery for a loved one is with sticky notes that can be left around the house. Either way, these are more unexpected and heartfelt ways of reassuring a companion that they are loved and valued.
(2) Cross something off their list – If a loved one has a to-do list, help them complete something on it. This might be cleaning the kitchen, packing for a trip, etc. The options are endless. However, the simple act of helping them finish a task goes a long way. Accordingly, they might have previously mentioned that they wanted something done in the near future (a home makeover, to plan an event, etc.). Take note of this and try to help them take that first step toward completing the task. This shows you listen to what they say and that you take note of their specific wants and needs.
(3) Give a gift – People love gifts. They are a way of showing someone that you were thinking of them. Gifts express appreciation, love, and thoughtfulness. For example, if you are at the grocery store, simply add your loved one’s favorite snack to the cart. Their stomach will thank you later. Or, if you are shopping and happen to see the perfect accessory for your significant other, don’t hesitate to invest. Note that these gifts do not have to be extravagant. It is the consideration that counts.
(4) Plan ahead – The element of surprise is a romantic gesture in itself. For example, on a day that both you and your loved one have off from work or any other obligations, plan something. This can be something as simple as a picnic in the park. Prepare a packable meal for two, grab a blanket, and surprise them with a beautiful date. Any preplanned unique date will do! Or, if their birthday is approaching, consider a surprise party. For those that tend to stray away from larger gatherings, something more intimate such as an evening with a few family members or friends does just the trick. The true gesture here is that time, planning and thought went into the event.
(5) Cater to them – When your significant other feels blue, is sick, or needs a little extra TLC, offer them a simple gesture of love. Going the extra mile when they are in need can make them feel so much better. Get them a card that will make them laugh. Cook them a warm meal. Get them medicine for any of their ailments. Offer a back massage. These simple gestures can help reverse their entire mood. Lending a hand by catering to them truly shows your love.
Make your significant other feel especially adored with these small and simple gestures. Whether you write a note, help them with a task, give them something, plan a romantic event, or go the extra mile to ensure they are taken care of, they will feel more than appreciated. Not only does it make them feel valued, but it also feels good for you to see their joy that you helped to create.
In any relationship, it is important to show your love rather than simply express it verbally. These tips allow one to do so. At Kelleher International, our goal is to match elite individuals with the person who will treat them with the love and respect that they deserve; simple gestures are a beautiful way to continuously express appreciation for a significant other.
Finding someone with whom you are compatible is not rocket science, but that does not mean it’s easy! Kelleher International is dedicating to finding your perfect match and getting you on your way to a lifetime of romantic bliss. (Content provided by Kelleher International)
Looking for love? Contact Jean Adams, Managing Partner at Kelleher International (Making Love Happen Since 1986!)