Wishing everyone an early Happy Easter. Here are the best stays this week.
We begin in Germany with Das Stue, the 80-room boutique hotel that has been open for but a few months and has bewitched guests and visitors to Berlin. Fusing together the artistic eye of Patricia Urquiola and the acclaimed taste buds of four-times Michelin starred Catalonian Chef Paco Pérez comes to life a modernly vintage hotel overlooking the Berlin Zoo.
Each guest room is a little different, some with high ceilings, interconnected doors to adjacent rooms, attached balconies or terraces, others with organically curved bathtubs and quite a few overlooking the wild ponies, ostriches and gazelles of the Berlin Zoo. Beyond the style, each room and suite is equipped with a rain shower, a spacious closet with a separate shoe storage, an interactive full-HD Apple entertainment system – including Internet access or extra large 55 ” wide-screen TVs, complimentary Wi-Fi and LAN, free Sky Premium TV, an electronic safe with outlet and individually adjustable air conditioning.
If you want to add some culture to your life, enjoy a festive weekend at Sanctuary Resort and Spa with wildlife sculptor John Maisano and painter Frank Gonzales, whose individual styles captivate Santa Fe collectors at the Beals & Abbate Gallery. Make a weekend of it Thursday through Sunday, April 11-14, with a special package for art lovers who want to meet these talented artists. Starting at $1437 for two, the package includes:
• Three nights in a luxurious Mountain Casita
• Gourmet dinner with the artists on Friday, April 12
• Personal demonstrations showing how each artist works, throughout Friday and Saturday
• Wine and cheese closing reception on Saturday afternoon
Next, we find ourselves in Silicon Valley, which also houses a luxuriously boutique hotel, the Garden Court Hotel. For a limited time, the hotel is celebrating all the brains in the area by offering a Geek Chic package for guests.
The package includes:
- Deluxe king accommodations
- Welcome amenity of two t-shirts from the Computer History Museum
- $50 certificate for power dining at Il Fornaio
- In-room iPad2 use during your stay
- Blackberry thumb massage
- Two tickets to the Computer History Museum
- Two Reservations for Airship Ventures’ Discover Zepplin Tour 45 minute aerial tour over Silicon Valley
- Complimentary overnight parking
- Complimentary wireless internet connection
And finally, we head down under to Daintree Eco Lodge and Spa. Set across 30 acres of rainforest scenery, the lodge and spa strives to bring you the best while retaining the best, boasting 15 years of sustainable ownership from a small, family owned operation.
Guests can marvel at any of the 15 tree house guest rooms throughout the property, dive into the culture of aboriginal life and soak in the natural healing of Daintree’s spa treatments.
To learn more
Follow us on Twitter for up-to-date news and specials.