This is the weekend for a quick getaway without busting your budget for fun.
For only a few more days, Southern California visitors who book a minimum of two nights at a Los Angeles hotel can save more than $450 in admission fees or gift shop discounts at 25 of L.A.’s top museums during L.A. Museum Season, sponsored by the Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board and the city’s leading museums.
“L.A. is home to more museums than any other U.S. city, and L.A. Museum Season’s spectacular savings offer visitors an ideal opportunity to explore what’s new at their favorite L.A. museums or discover museums they have never been to,” says Michael McDowell, Vice President for Cultural Tourism at the Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board
Highlights of museum savings and exhibition highlights include:
· Huntington Library, Art Collections and Botanical Gardens (A savings of $46 on two regular adult admissions) – Home to more than a dozen expansive, themed gardens, the Huntington boasts the largest collection of British portrait-paintings outside of the United Kingdom—including the world famous Blue Boy by Gainsborough—as well as library treasures such as the earliest known manuscript of Chaucer’s The Canterbury Tales and one of only 14 known copies of The Guttenberg Bible, the world’s first printed book. Guests can also visit the new Education and Visitor Center that includes an orientation gallery and 6.5 acres of new gardens.
· Los Angeles Zoo & Botanical Gardens (A savings of $40 on two regular adult admissions) – Visitors can view more than 1,100 animals, many of them endangered, among immersive habitats and lush gardens that are reminiscent of natural environments in Asia, South America, Africa and beyond. The Zoo also offers live presentations and shows, a children’s play park, petting zoo, the interactive California Condor Rescue Zone, a beautiful carousel with hand-carved animals and more.
· Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County (A savings of $24 on two regular adult admissions) – The Natural History Museum unravels the mysteries of mummies this fall, offering guests a rare, up-close look of over 20 mummies from Egypt and Peru in new eye-opening exhibition.
Institutions participating in the free admission offer are:
· Annenberg Space for Photography & Skylight Studios
· Autry National Center of the American West
· Battleship IOWA Museum
· California Science Center
· Craft & Folk Art Museum
· Fowler Museum at UCLA
· Getty Center
· Getty Villa
· Hammer Museum
· Hollywood Museum
· Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens
· Japanese American National Museum
· Kidspace Children’s Museum
· Page Museum at the La Brea Tar Pit
· Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA)
· Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust
· Los Angeles Zoo & Botanical Gardens
· Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles
· Museum of Latin American Art
· Museum of Tolerance
· Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
· Norton Simon Museum
· Pasadena Museum of California At
· Skirball Cultural Center
· USC Pacific Asia Museum
This is the fourth annual L.A. Museum Season organized by L.A. Tourism. For more information, visit DiscoverLosAngeles.com/MuseumSeason and follow #LAMuseumSeason on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.