During “Semana Santa,” or Holy Week, when Mexico explodes with traditional Easter pageantry, Viceroy Zihuatanejo will celebrate the holiday with special dining events and offerings, enhanced beach amenities, a Kids Concierge, petting zoo and egg hunt.
“Semana Santa is the perfect time for a family getaway to Viceroy Zihuatanejo not only because we have so many special activities and events at the resort, but also to experience the colorful festivities taking place in the local community,” said Martin Kipping, General Manager.
· A gourmet Easter Menu will be served at La Marea on Easter Saturday featuring such dishes as sautéed lobster tacos, seafood pozole and flambé mango mousse.
· A lavish breakfast buffet on Easter Sunday will be complemented by a petting zoo including rabbits and chicks.
· Beach time – on a 600-foot beachfront with day beds, lounge chairs, a Spa Palapa for treatments to the sounds of the waves, and warm, calm waters for swimming – during Semana Santa will feature enhanced beach amenities, from refreshing treats to cooling spritzes.
· A sushi bar will be offered on selected nights at the Coral Bar.
· At a coconut station, guests can enjoy fresh coconut and coconut drinks, either cocktails or virgin for the kids.
· The Easter Kids Concierge will organize a Roger Rabbit Egg hunt on Easter Sunday, as well as an array of other activities and programs –such as taking the little ones to the beach for the day to collect sea shells, build sand castles and splash in the surf, welcoming children into the kitchen for a day of baking, and exploring for sea turtle nests with education on the importance of preserving the marine habitat. The Kids Concierge allows parents the freedom to enjoy a side-by-side Couple’s Massage, Margaritas at the Coral Bar or simply relax at the pool while their children have a fantastic time.
During Easter Week, the streets of Zihuatanejo will come alive with colorful decorations, religious ceremonies, processions through the heart of the town, and traditional music. Meanwhile, adjacent Ixtapa will be holding its first Expo Feria March 27 to April 12 offering musical entertainment, a casino, artisanal exhibitions, fireworks and more.
For more information and reservations: call toll-free 866-905-9560, or email