Salmon Falls Resort is situated at the southernmost entrance to Alaska’s iconic Inside Passage, located just 90 minutes from Seattle. The 51-room resort has catered to discerning travelers for more than 30 years and is best known for its majestic setting and world-class salmon fishing.
Ketchikan has been called “The Salmon Capital of the World” and the area is beloved for its rich Alaskan culture and breathtaking wilderness. The vast natural splendor in the midst of the Tongass National Forest on Revillagigedo Island lends itself to adventure and social distancing.
The resort is owned by Scottsdale-based Caliber. The intimate full-service waterfront resort is now taking bookings for 2021 and has just launched a new series of adventures for travelers seeking customized outdoor explorations in a small, private setting.
The resort is opening six weeks earlier than normal on May 1 due to increased consumer interest in convenient, yet off-the-grid escapes within the U.S. great outdoors.
Thanks to the lack of cruise ships and fewer charter fishing excursions, less pressure has been placed on the fish and the eco-system, making wildlife watching and fishing better than ever.
New experiences at the resort for 2021 will focus on adventure, cultural and culinary themes that honor the extraordinary setting and heritage of the Alaskan Panhandle. The popular guided and self-guided fishing excursions will be offered along with the following new standouts:
- Misty Fjords Floatplane Flightseeing—hop on a floatplane from the dock at Salmon Falls and enjoy the freedom of flight with a tour over the Misty Fjords National Monument, surrounding lakes and glacial bays
- Salmon Roe & Wine Pairing—experience the freshest salmon roe that rivals the best in the world and further elevate your tasting affair with hand-picked wine pairings
- Wildlife Watching Boat Safari—venture into the ocean on a guided zodiac in search of humpback or orca whales, seals, eagles, sea lions and bears
- Bear Watching—join one of our expert guides to safely and ethically view black bears their natural habitat
- Oyster Farm Tour—learn more about the Alaska shoreline in a behind-the-scenes tour at the Hump Island Oyster Company and sample the world’s finest oysters
- Eco-Kayaking Tours—paddlers of all skill levels will enjoy several tranquil hours out on the ocean exploring the waters of Clover Passage by kayak
All-inclusive room rates (including three meals per day) start at $350 per night at Salmon Falls Resort. Salmon Falls’ sister property, Edgewater Inn Restaurant & Marina, is located 15 minutes away in the downtown Ketchikan area and is open year-round.
New self-guided fishing expeditions are now available directly from Edgewater for more experienced fishermen, and incredible room rates start at $169 per night. The activities above can be booked from either resort.
For reservations and more information on Salmon Falls Resort, please call 800-247-9059 or visit www.salmonfallsresort.com.
For reservations and more information on Edgewater Inn Restaurant & Marina, please call 907-247-2600 or visit www.ketchikanedgewaterinn.com.
Founded during the depths of the 2008-09 recession, the Scottsdale, Arizona-based real estate investment firm now manages approximately $400 million in assets with another $550 million in development—including multi-family, commercial, hospitality, self-storage, medical, and in federally designated opportunity zones across the Southwest. Caliber is a six-time consecutive honoree of Inc. 500|5000 “Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America.” www.CaliberCo.com