Summer is here! Triple digits, fine sand, a light warm breeze, and the sound of the waves, we say yes to vacations and beach days!
With all the fun, don’t forget to pack some essentials in your travel bag if you want to have a trouble-free dream day. We’ve all been there—arriving at the beach without your sunscreen or sunglasses. Consider making a small list of your favorite accessories and essentials to ensure a peaceful day.
Below are some summer must-haves to pack in your travel bag, courtesy of Fairmont Mayakoba, one of the premier resorts in the heart of Mexico’s stunning Riviera Maya.
Accessories not to forget
- Sunglasses. Choose the pair that will accompany you this summer, and that will protect you against the UV of the sun.
- A covering hat. A great fashion accessory, prevents sunstroke and headaches due to the heat!
- A beach towel. Essential to lie comfortably on the hot sand.
- A pair of flip-flops. no need for a pair of warm and covering sneakers for the beach; flip-flops are more than enough!
- A scrunchie or headband. For when you don’t want to get your hair wet or if you are too hot.
- A plastic bag. To store your wet things, so you don’t soak what’s in your bag.
Protect your skin
- A moisturizing face and body cream before exposure to the sun to moisturize and prepare it for exposure.
- A sun cream adapted to your skin to protect it from the sun, which can cause damage if you do not protect yourself.
- An after-sun gel to soothe your skin after sun exposure.
- Bring your headphones or e-reader to listen to music and relax.
- A book to entertain you and spark imagination.
- Feeling hungry? Feel free to bring something to snack on.
For the Kiddos
- A sunscreen stick for children, it is recommended by dermatologists, and it is water-resistant.
- Sunglasses for your children to protect their fragile eyes.
- A bottle of water is always essential to stay well hydrated at the beach.
- Toys, a bucket, and a shovel for their great sandcastle construction.
Nestled within a private gated community, the AAA/CAA Five Diamond Award Fairmont Mayakoba is surrounded by 240 hectares of lush tropical forest that hugs the pristine white sand beaches on the Caribbean shoreline. On-site amenities include a 37,000-square-foot spa, six eateries, multiple pool bars, and a Discovery Club & Adventure Camp just for kids.
Book your stay or learn more by visiting www.fairmont-mayakoba.com.