While Global Wellness Day is officially the second Saturday of June, taking care of yourself—both mentally and physically—should be a year-round activity.
This year’s theme for Global Wellness Day is #ThinkMagenta. The concept is simple: If you are in a dark room, you can’t open the door and throw the darkness out. You have to turn on a light in that room. So, we give that light its color: magenta. Magenta is one of the most striking colors. Nobody can miss it. It gives you energy as soon as you see it.
Thinking magenta is not about being optimistic, but about being realistic. Things happen in our lives, and we have the choice to call them good or bad. Sometimes difficulties, failures, or illnesses become the best teachers. But, no matter what happens, we can always find a way to choose joy.” #ThinkMagenta starts with three easy steps: stop, breathe and smile.
Nestled within the heart of Mexico’s stunning Riviera Maya, the five-star Fairmont Mayakoba is no stranger to offering guests a host of holistic wellness benefits; from the soothing white sand beaches and refreshing Caribbean Sea to healthful dining and rejuvenating spa treatments. Below, Fairmont Mayakoba shares five wellness tips to practice to better your mind, body and spirit for a joyful and fulfilling life.
1. Let the World Wellness Day manifesto be your life compass
- Walk for an hour
- Drink more water
- Don’t use plastic bottles
- Eat healthy foods
- Do a good deed
- Have a family dinner with your loved ones
- Sleep at 10 pm
2. Use the right words
- No – it’s impossible: Are you sure? Is it impossible, or is there a solution? Of course, we’re not asking you to say YES to everything, but you can be a little more careful when you say NO and NOT POSSIBLE. Remember, there is no such thing as impossible.
- I can’t do it: can’t do it or won’t do it? There is a big difference because there is nothing you can’t do.
- Impossible: Are you sure?
3. Simplify your life
- Simplify your closet: Separate the clothes you don’t use, share them with people in need or recycle them. Use only a few items that you like.
- Reduce your stuff: Get rid of unnecessary things cluttering up your living space and not needed.
- Consume less: In all aspects of your life, use water and electricity sustainably. Separate your waste and try not to produce waste. Contribute to the future of the planet
4. Be open to different experiences
- to work. Visit a building you’ve never visited before. Call someone you haven’t spoken to in several years.
- Dream: Imagine yourself doing the things you want to achieve. Remember and relive your past accomplishments.
- Play with your senses: Eat an unusual fruit. Start using a different perfume or lotion. Listen to music while you work. Work outside.
- Play games: Learn chess and play it regularly. Pick up a magazine and look at the pictures. Go through your old photos.
Scientific research shows that true happiness comes from sharing. Sharing your knowledge, sharing your experiences and simply sharing quality time with people will genuinely give you—and them—more joy and inner peace. Share the #ThinkMagenta philosophy with your spouse, children, family and friends.
Nestled within a private gated community in the heart of Mexico’s Riviera Maya resort destination, Fairmont Mayakoba is surrounded by 240 hectares of lush tropical forest that hugs the pristine white sand beaches on the Caribbean shoreline. On-site amenities include a 37,000-square-foot spa, six eateries, multiple pool bars, and a Discovery Club & Adventure Camp just for kids.
To further inspire your personal wellness journey, following are some example itineraries of the various types of wellness activities you can enjoy at Fairmont Mayakoba for adults and kids alike:
- 9:00 a.m. Running club
- 10:00 a.m. Beginner paddle board lessons
- 12:00 p.m. Sea kayak race
- 2:00 p.m. Beach football tournament
- 3:00 p.m. Beginner wind surf lesson
- 4:00 p.m. Beach volleyball tournament
- 7:30 a.m. Sunrise yoga
- 8:30 a.m. Stretching & relaxation
- 9:30 a.m. Aqua yoga
- 12:00 p.m. Honey harvesting ceremony melipona bees
- 3:00 p.m. Masterclass exfoliantes y mascarillas naturales
- 5:00 p.m. Cocoa ceremony
- 6:30 p.m. Sunset yoga & meditation
- 9:15 a.m. Kids yoga by the beach
- 10:00 a.m. Racing at the beach
- 11:00 a.m. Mandala universe
- 12:00 p.m. Papier-mâché art
- 1:00 p.m. Lunch break
- 2:00 p.m. Good vibes tie dye
- 3:00 p.m. Mindfullness paint
- 4:00 p.m. Activate your body
Click here to learn more and book your stay at Fairmont Mayakoba today.