Hot on the heels of announcing their October 17 opening date, Great Wolf Lodge has released more info on their highly anticipated Scottsdale location, including details on the slides, pools and attractions.
The family friendly destination’s main draw is its 85,000-square-foot waterpark, which will be set to 84-degrees year-round, a cool thought for those triple-digit days. With fun for all ages, the nearly two-acre waterpark will be packed with 13 slides, pools and more.
- Talking Stick Treehouse: Great Wolf Lodge’s signature, multi-level water play structure featuring suspension bridges, slides, spray stations and other water elements. Atop of Talking Stick Treehouse sits a massive, 1,000-gallon tipping bucket that pours out every three-to-four minutes, to the glee of the guests waiting below. Attached to the play structure are five water slides, two that originate from the top of the structure for more adventurous young ones and three at a lower-level for more of the toddler set.
- Wolf Tail: A thrill-seekers delight. Guests step into a launch pod and listen to the rhythmic sound of a heartbeat as they wait for the floor to drop out from underneath, hurling them into a nearly vertical, 20-foot free fall, followed immediately by a 360-degree, high-speed loop.
- Howlin’ Tornado: An exhilarating family raft-ride that sends guests down a steep 15-foot drop and into a massive funnel. It’s called the tornado because the raft twists and swirls as it careens up one side of the giant funnel to the next, while guests howl with joy.
- Alberta Falls: This one- or two-person tube slide features drops, chutes and serpentine 180-degree and 360-degree banked curves. It’s the perfect slide for parents and kids to enjoy together, or for siblings to have fun racing each other to the bottom.
- River Canyon Run: A rollicking family raft ride that sends up to four riders on a white-water adventure down one of the park’s longest slides. With no steep drops, this is the perfect slide for parents and the kids to enjoy together.
- Slap Tail Pond: A family favorite. The audio cue of a howling wolf brings this gigantic wave pool to life with waves reaching up to three feet in height. The active surf rolls through every five minutes, to the giggling delight of the children in the pool.
- Crooked Creek: A reprieve from the more active attractions in the waterpark, guests can relax and float on tubes down this winding lazy river located in the middle of the park.
- Chinook Cove: An activity pool featuring basketball hoops, floating obstacles and other more action-oriented elements for children.
- Big Foot Pass: A unique water obstacle challenge where kids and adults alike balance on floating logs and lily pads while traversing the pool. Cargo netting hangs down to help guests cross from one side to the other.
- Whooping Hollow: A special section of the waterpark designed exclusively for toddlers and younger guests. This play pool is filled with perfectly sized water slides featuring gentle slopes and tiny turns, making them the go-to attractions for the “under 42 inches” set. Adjacent is a zero-depth entry pool with water fountain features and spray-and-play adventures.
For those hoping to soak up some sunny rays, an oversized outdoor pool will be open to families while a nearby adult-only oasis will include chaise lounge chairs and a private hot tub. Overnight guests will have access to all the aqua fun, beginning at 1 p.m. on check-in day until the park closes on the day of check-out. Standard rates start at $179.99 per night.
Grand Opening Offer
To celebrate the upcoming grand opening, guests can take advantage of a special offer of up to 30-percent off standards rates for stays through March 5, 2020. Must book before May 1, 2019. Use promo code GRAND when booking.
For more information or to book your stay, visit: greatwolf.com/arizona