Who’s ready to enjoy a free night’s stay in one of Maricopa County’s regional parks? Starting October 1, the Maricopa County Parks and Recreation Department is bringing back its popular Buy One, Get One camping promotion!
The promotion allows park visitors who pay the camping fee for one night, or more, at a desert mountain county park to receive one night of equal or lesser value for free during that same stay.
Fall is the perfect time to gather the family together for a camping trip in a regional park. The evening temperatures are slightly cooler, and camping trips provide a great opportunity for kids to put down their cell phones and reconnect with nature.
During your stay, I’d recommend stopping by the nature center to pick up one of our newly-released junior ranger guidebooks. Once they’re done with the guidebook, bring them by to cite their pledge with the ranger and pick up their badge.
– R.J. Cardin, Maricopa County Parks and Recreation Director
To book a camping reservation and receive the free night, contact the parks at (602) 506-2930. The promotion will be applied to stays booked between October 1 and November 10, 2021.
Participating parks include:
- Cave Creek Regional Park – (602) 506-2930 ext. 8. Located north of Phoenix, this park offers the illusion of being miles away from civilization. The campground has 55 individual developed campsites.
- McDowell Mountain Regional Park – (602) 506-2930 ext. 3. Nestled in the lower Verde River basin, this park is a desert jewel in the northeast Valley. This park has 76 developed campsites that are perfect for RV or tent camping.
- Usery Mountain Regional Park – (602) 506-2930 ext. 4. Located on the Valley’s east side, this park is located at the western end of the Goldfield Mountains, adjacent to the Tonto National Forest. The park offers 74 individual developed campsites that can accommodate either an RV or tent camping.
- White Tank Mountain Regional Park – (602) 506-2930 ext. 5. At nearly 30,000 acres, this is the largest regional park in Maricopa County. Most of the park is made up of the rugged and beautiful White Tank Mountains on the Valley’s west side. The park offers 40 individually developed campsites for tent or RV camping.
- Visitors interested in taking advantage of this offer must contact the parks directly at (602) 506-2930 to book reservations. This service is not available online.
- Reservation extensions: Extensions are eligible for the Buy One, Get One offer if booked during the identified promotion dates either in person or via telephone.
- Offer valid for designated camping spaces, not valid for primitive camping, group campground reservations, or unit fees.
- Limit of one free night per family, household, and/or group in a seven-day period.
- Rain checks will not be issued if space is not available.
- Reservations booked before the August 16, 2021, launch of the promotion are not eligible and will not receive a refund and or credit.
- Offer not valid at Adobe Dam Regional Park, Estrella Mountain Regional Park, Hassayampa River Preserve, Lake Pleasant Regional Park, San Tan Mountain Regional Park, and Spur Cross Ranch Conservation Area.
- The offer is only valid for camping stays between October 1 and November 10, 2021.
At approximately 120,000 acres, Maricopa County is home to one of the largest regional park systems in the United States. The parks are located throughout the county and are all within a 45-minute drive from downtown Phoenix. Some restrictions do apply. To learn more about Maricopa County’s regional park system, visit www.maricopacountyparks.net.