Far from the desert landscape you’re used to seeing, with this new Epic Discovery program, you’ll get a taste of what other parts of the West are like.
Vail Resorts has partnered with The Nature Conservancy and the U.S. Forest Service to bring to fruition a fabulous comprehensive on-mountain summer adventure.
The first of its kind, this Epic Discovery program will bring to guests activities including:
- zip lines
- alpine coasters
- summer tubing
- wildlife exploration trails
- canopy tours
- and much more
Three major resorts will be participating in this program, and each has their own activities to offer travelers.
Lets dive in:
With this program, you’ll be staying at the One Ski Hill Place in Breckenridge, Colorado.
No stranger to luxurious accommodations, at this resort you’ll enjoy amenities that include a two-lane bowling alley, two movie lounges, a game room, a Rejuvenation Center Spa, and access to the mountain right out your door.
While staying at One Ski Hill Place, the Epic Discovery program will take you on adventures including:
- Expedition Zip Line Tour on Peak 7. Get a bird’s eye view of Peak 7 via air during this two hour exploration. You’ll also get to zip through a mile of the area on eight zip lines that go between 10 towers, and experience a 200-foot long aerial bridge walk that provides incredible views of the area.
- Alpineer Challenge Course. Ready for the ultimate challenge? We sure hope so! This adventure gives you the choice of 16 different challenges that range from lightly swinging logs, to shoe-to-rope balancing acts.
- Interpretive Trail with Animal Abilities and Story Stakes. Hiking 0.75 miles through the high-alpine environment of Breckenridge and on the way spot some animals, flowers, and wetlands that are a result of the gold rush that is a rich part of this area’s past.
- Gold Summit Climbing Wall. The area’s permanent rock climbing wall will provide guests with a challenge to test their climbing skills. This 35-foot tall climbing wall offers 13 routes and is great for beginners and skilled climbers alike.
Your adventures with this adventure begin with your stay at The Lodge at Vail. Considered the off-season, rates this time of year are low, making it a great time to bring the whole family. A AAA award-winning lodge, The Lodge at Vail is everything you’ll want in your stay.
And The Lodge at Vail will serve as your home base for the following adventures as part of the Epic Discovery program:
- Game Creek Canopy Tour. Mixing zip lines and aerial bridges that boast heights of 300 feet, this outdoor experience is for guests of all ages. Learn about the mountain environment as guides take you through this beautiful land.
- Forest Flyer. Coast through the forest on this gravity-based alpine coaster. Each guest gets their own sled to soar through the trees at their own speed.
- Expanded Trail System. This wildlife exploration trail features installations that bring to life the world of the animals in the area. By partnering with The Nature Conservancy and the USFS, as well as Walking Mountains Science Center, the interpretive parts of this nature trail system will be a great learning experience for guests of all ages.
You’ll be very pleased with your home base for this Epic Discovery: Grand Residences by Marriott in Lake Tahoe, Calif. Offering luxurious accommodations amongst the beautiful Heavenly Village filled with shopping, great food, and more, you and your family will love it here. Want a bit more room? The resort offers expansive villas where you can enjoy a full kitchen and much more.
It won’t take long for you to get the exploration bug here, and feel the need to get out and adventure in the area. The Epic Discovery programs at this spot include:
- Canopy Tour. Zip lines and aerial bridges are all the rage in this exploration through the forest habitat. Enjoy stunning views of Lake Tahoe and the surrounding mountains as you are guided through this pristine area.
- Guided 4×4 Mountain Tours. Enjoy Heavenly’s from the comfort of an off-roading SUV on this adventure. You’ll get picture-perfect views of Lake Tahoe, the Carson Valley, and Desolation Wilderness.
- Scenic Gondola. Take the Heavenly Mountain Gondola 2.4 miles up to views that will surely take your breath away. A stop at the Observation Deck is a must for a great photo op and a coffee in the mountains. Once at the top, you’ll have access to stellar hiking trails for all ages and levels.