I am currently between homes and staying with my parents, who happen to be renovating at teh same time as hosting me. Needless to say, the home is in disaray. I now know first-hand that decorating a bathroom can be time-consuming, costly and difficult without an effective plan of action. Luckily, experts at window fashions leader Hunter Douglas offer the following decorating tips for an elegant bathroom redesign without the hassle and cost of an extensive renovation:
• Atmosphere: Avoid busy patterns if you want the view outside to be the focal point. If not, bring the outdoors in with colors and textures drawn from nature. Place candles, scented oils and lotions around the room for tranquil scents and decorations. Install dimmer switches for a relaxing aura.
• Furnishings: Peruse consignment shops or your family’s attic to see if there are vintage pieces that could be repurposed as vanities or medicine cabinets to bring individuality to the room. Add an opulent mirror above the sink or a ruffled fabric skirt to a pedestal sink for instant drama. Place a freestanding bench inside the shower to relax and linger while cleansing. You might even find and install a whimsical chandelier for additional character.
• At the Window: As bathroom windows are typically the smallest windows in the home, select treatments that let in the largest amount of light. Consider adding window fashions such as those from Hunter Douglas with a top-down/bottom-up installation with the option of opening the shade from the top and stacking it at the bottom for complete privacy without having to give up natural light and a view.
The top-down/bottom-up system is available on a variety of products including highly energy-efficient Duette® honeycomb shades, Silhouette® window shadings with sheer facings suspended between fabric vanes and Vignette® Modern Roman Shades, offering the look of a drapery with the convenience of a shade. Vignette shades are also the industry’s only Roman shade with no exposed back cords.
Humidity in bathrooms is almost always a problem. Hunter Douglas Palm Beach™ polysatin shutters offer style and durability for areas prone to high humidity and heavy use. Palm Beach shutters are also easy-to-clean and microbial-resistant.
• Hardware: Substitute boring knobs and hooks for quirky, colorful replacements. Rather than using a classic bar for a towel rack, arrange a line of interesting hooks that allow more hanging space than a traditional rack.
• Storage: Always keep additional towels and washcloths within reach. Use bins and other containers to organize linens, candles and other bathroom items for a quick resupply when necessary.
oh very pretty, i like the fresh look of the room in the thumbnail image.
I think shutters add such detail to a room
Not a fan of ruffled skirts on sinks–or beds.