The University of Arizona’s Biosphere 2 will commemorate the 50th anniversary of Earth Day by hosting a virtual EarthFest on Wednesday, April 22, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The online event will include panels with Biosphere 2 researchers and former biospherians Jane Poynter and Taber MacCallum, a 5K virtual walk of the historic Biosphere 2 property, and presentations by students with the Southern Arizona Research, Science and Engineering Foundation (SARSEF).
Visit Biosphere 2 on Facebook for event information and to register for panel discussions.
Biosphere 2 Hosting Virtual EarthFest events:
- 10 a.m. – Biosphere 2 introductory videos and virtual exploration of Biosphere 2’s historic property during a remote EarthRun
- 11 a.m. – Panel discussion with Biosphere 2 Water Atmosphere and Life Dynamics experiment co-leads Laura Meredith, director of the Biosphere 2 rain forest, and the University of Freiburg’s Christiane Werner
- 12 p.m. – Panel discussion with biospherians Poynter and MacCallum on living inside Biosphere 2
- 1 p.m. – Panel discussion on the coral reef lab at Biosphere 2 with Director of Marine Research Diane Thompson and Manager of Marine Systems and Education Initiatives Katie Morgan
- 2 p.m. – SARSEF student project presentations