Ah, summer in Scottsdale. Long days lounging poolside, endless nights in Old Town, and fun family outings are all activities that contribute to a memorable summer. Majority of these unforgettable experiences, though, might not be possible if it weren’t for the myriad of Scottsdale resorts, activity centers, restaurants and more. To ensure a jam-packed summer of exciting activities, we’ve compiled a list of places to visit and things to see in the Valley – all of which have amazing deals for the season.
1. The Saguaro Scottsdale – Summer Package: Desert Splash (Starting at $109) – Relax and lounge poolside under a shaded cabana in this colorful boutique hotel with a complimentary pitcher of Casamigos Tequila Margaritas. Don’t get too tired though because every Saturday afternoon the hotel hosts a giant pool party with live DJs and sunscreen stations. Guests who book a stay between June 1 and Sep. 30 will receive a free pair of Saguaro sunglasses, chapstick and drink cooler.
2. We-Ko-Pa Resort and Conference Center – Summer Package: Summer Splash (Starting at $129) – Get ready to feel like a kid in a candy shop in this hotel’s 24-hour casino, seven restaurants and two top-notch golf courses. Guests who stay between April 30 and June 30 will receive a $50 food and beverage credit to the Pool Bar & Grill, Ahnala Restaurant or in-room dining. The package also includes $5 and $10 Casino Slot Play vouchers to the Fort McDowell Casino.
3. FireSky Resort and Spa – Summer Package: Tequila & Tanlines (Starting at $109) – Stay at this resort now through Sept. 6 and you’ll receive a complimentary pitcher of margaritas from the Taggia Bar.
4. Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North (Starting at $179) – Bring the family to this resort June 1 – August 31 and stay poolside in a complimentary cabana while the kids take part in the “Kids for all The Seasons” program from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The program offers a full day of scheduled activities, access to board games, ping pong and more. In the evening, enjoy “Dive-In” movies every Saturday with the family and wrap up the weekend at Proof, an American canteen for “Sundaes on Sunday,” where all ice cream sundaes are buy one, get one free.
5. Fairmont Scottsdale Princess – Summer Packages: Sip, Savor and Splash, Upgrade Your Summer (Both starting at $169) – Get wild this summer with zip lines, 200-foot waterslides, fireworks and more. Guests who stay between now and Sept. 6 will receive a $50 resort credit, perfect for trying out any of the 240 tequilas at La Hacienda or even escaping to a spa day at the Well & Being Spa. Guests also have the option to upgrade their room to a Casita Signature Jr. Suite with the “Upgrade Your Summer” package.
6. Boulders Resort & Spa – Summer Package: Two By Fore (Starting at $189/night, 2-night-stay minimum) – Perhaps the best de-stress resort for the summer, this place offers a 33,000 square-foot spa and two award-winning golf courses. Resort-goers can enjoy the best of both worlds with the Two by Fore package, which includes a 20 percent discount to the Spa at The Boulders, free spa access, unlimited fitness classes and one round of golf per paying adult with same day replay. To snatch this deal, book a stay now until Sept. 10.
7. JW Marriot Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa – Summer Package: $100 Resort Credit (Starting at $229) – Stay at this hotel now through Dec. 31 to receive casita guest room accomodations and a $100 resort credit per night that can be used at the Camelback Golf Club. To purchase this package, be sure to use promo code: P50.
8. Royal Palms Resort & Spa – Summer Package: Luxe Lounging (Starting at $149) – Now until Sept. 30, guests staying here will receive two welcome cocktails, room upgrades and a $25 dining credit to the resort restaurant, T. Cook’s. Also included is two $40 spa credits which guests can use to rejuvenate at the Alvadora Spa. Readers wanting to purchase this package must use the promo code PLL.
9. The Hermosa Inn – Summer Package: Artist for a Day – All the artsy fartsy readers out there will surely enjoy this package. For $355 a night, guests can stay and receive a private, 90-minute painting lesson with on-property artists at the Inn’s Blue Door Art Studio & Gallery. Also included are two drink tickets to The Last Drop at The Hermosa Inn and accommodations in a luxury casita. This deal ends Sept. 7, so book your stay now if interested.
1. Desert Botanical Garden – Go on a night time walk through the trails every Thursday and Saturday now until Sept. 5 during the “Flashlight Tours.” Experience all the desert’s beauty beneath the stars from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
2. Octane Raceway – Test your racing skills with electric karts at the only full-time indoor and outdoor track in the U.S. After some driving, visitors can keep the fun going with a game of billiards, a climb up the rock wall or some video games in the arcade. After that, grab a bite to eat at the trackside bar and grill and you can call it a day.
3. Western Spirit: Scottsdale’s Museum of the West – Learn and appreciate the history of the ever-evolving Southwest after a visit to see this museum’s vast collection of paintings, sculptures and artifacts. A step in the door and you’ll be immersed in the beauty and undoubtedly leave satisfied.
1. TopGolf Scottsdale at Riverwalk – From beginners to seasoned golfers, this stop is perfect for anyone with an interest in golf and a healthy dose of competition. The state-of-the-art facility is endless fun for families, as each member can take turns shooting balls at lit-up targets. After some game time, guests can celebrate a victory or ease the pain of a loss at TopGolf’s full-service bar.
2. TPC Scottsdale – Golf enthusiasts, rejoice. For $39 a person, players will receive unlimited golf rounds in a single day on the Champions Course June 1 – Sept. 13.
3. Starfire Golf Club – Play this 27-hole course designed by the famous Arnold Palmer for $25 per player Monday through Friday and $35 Saturday and Sunday.
1. Bink’s Scottsdale – Enjoy delicious cuisine in a relaxing atmosphere from Chef Kevin Binkley, a nominee for the James Beard Award, an annual award given out for excellence in the culinary industry. His menu features many locally produced organic meats, fruits and vegetables paired with an extensive wine and cocktail list.
2. Pig & Pickle – Satisfy your desire for some serious comfort food at this eclectic restaurant. The menu offers hand-crafted cocktails, homemade aioli, freshly grown herbs and more. With mouth-watering options like braised duck and wood-oven-roasted bone marrow, guests will surely leave satisfied.
3. Posh “Improvisational Cuisine” – The perfect place for eaters with dietary restrictions or picky palettes, the restaurant’s Chef Hebert will build customized menus based off guests’ taste preferences and allergies or restrictions.
1. Second Story Liquor Bar – Enjoy sip craft cocktails by the “Whiskey Man,” John Christie at this unforgettable location.
2. Maya Day and Night Club – A mix between Vegas and South Beach, this club offers a resort-style pool, private cabanas and floating stages for DJs.
3. Sip Coffee & Beer House, Union Barrel House, Two Brothers Brewing and Bad Water Brewing – Enjoy some of Scottsdale’s best ale at these beer houses. These places are unique and quirky and are guaranteed to be a good time with friends.