Looking for something fun to do this Halloween with family and friends? Check out some of these Valley experiences that will have you DYING for more.
Puzzle Rides Mobile Escape Rooms
Puzzle Rides Scottsdale and Prescott, a mobile escape room-style scavenger hunt, has launched a series of NEW and SPOOKY experiences for Halloween! Participants are taken on a route via golf cart and use teamwork, along with elements of the route to solve a series of puzzles before time runs out!
Puzzle Rides was developed during the pandemic and has proven to be wildly popular among families, friends and kids, so the owner decided to launch a series of family-friendly scavenger hunts for Halloween including:
- Ghost Riders Old Town Scottsdale: Do you dare ride in the dark? This nighttime ride takes you to the darker spots of Old Town Scottsdale. The clues might spook you out of making it to your final destination as you attempt to hunt haunts while solving the puzzle.
- Ghost Riders Prescott: What you hear on this ride will send shivers down your spine! Cruise through Whiskey Row as your puzzle master tells an alternate tale to Prescott’s most well known hauntings at the Hassayampa Inn, The Vendome and The Palace. Stories of spirits are shared and all of the tales are backed up with history and research.
- Ghost Town Stories: This fun Halloween ride has a few hidden surprises along the trail! Throughout this ride you’ll follow the notes of Archaeologist Stanley Bones as he researches the Chinese Sojourners of Prescott’s past who used to live along Granite Creek. Bones discovered he often wasn’t alone because he encountered spirits of those still calling the area home and you might not be alone either.
- Live Game of Clue Ride: You guessed it… on this exciting ride you play a live version of Clue! Just like the traditional board game you loved as a kid. However, unlike rolling a dice and moving a game piece 6 spaces into the ballroom with the candlestick, you’ll be on a gold cart posing as a local historical character with the murder weapons onboard and the room are now locations around the city! The goal of this game is to figure out who killed Mr. Body!
- Wacky Witch Missing Broom Adventure: There’s a wacky witch who has become the victim of a halloween trick and she needs your help finding her missing broom stick! Not only will you be on the lookout for the witches broom but you might even find a few surprise Halloween treats as you solve the clues! Unlike all other adventures this special one is an all walking route, no riding in golf carts. This route is specifically for kids 12 and under because we know they will enjoy it the most.
Visit puzzlerides.com for pricing and more information.
The Hot Chick
The Hot Chick is bringing all things spooky to Old Town Scottsdale with their Freak Show Halloween party Saturday, October 30, complete with dancers, fire performers and maybe even an evil clown or two.
Get into character and transport to a Freak Show carnival where you can sip on $5 Spooky Tangs, a ghoulish twist on a Hot Chick classic, and $5 festive Crown Apple shots. Catch your favorite DJs spinning all night including appearances by M2, Nicasio, Frietz and Madd Rich.
Guests can reserve a table by calling 480.255.7733.
For more information, visit https://www.thehotchickaz.com/ or follow them on social at @TheHotChickAz.
Date: Saturday, Oct. 30, 2021
Time: 12p.m. – 2 a.m.
Location: The Hot Chick, 4363 N. 75th St. Scottsdale, AZ 85251
- VIP Halloween Bash
On Halloween night, join Mavrix for a $500 costume contest and all of the frightful fun the venue has to offer, including bowling, arcade games, laser tag, a chef-driven menu and much more. Upgrade your experience with the VIP Halloween Package, which includes one VIP Spark bowling lane for two hours, shoe rental, unlimited games for two hours, a laser tag game and a Black Magic margarita tower. $250 per package.
- FREE Spooky Laser Tag
Avoid the spooky spider webs as you enjoy a FREE game of family-friendly Halloween-themed laser tag. Kids 12 and under will receive a FREE laser tag session on October 30 and 31 when they dress up in a costume.
- Trunk or Treat
Stop by the front desk, activity stations and designated spots around Mavrix for FREE candy and surprises.
- Velocity VR Scream Fest
Have you ever wanted to fight a zombie in real life? Octane Raceway’s newly upgraded Velocity VR gaming includes games like Far Cry, Undead Arena, Singularity, Zombie Survival and more. From Oct. 18-31, guests can enjoy $10 off a Velocity VR session during Velocity VR Scream Fest. Visit www.octaneraceway.com to book your session.
- Halloween Zombie Party
Dress up and head out to Octane Raceway on Halloween night for $40 unlimited racing and 50% off Velocity VR sessions. Valid from 6 p.m. to close. Not valid with other offers.
Pedal Haus Brewery Annual Dog Halloween Contest
There’s no better way to celebrate Howl-O-Ween than at Pedal Haus Brewery’s annual dog costume contest. Festivities will take place at both Pedal Haus Chandler and Pedal Haus Tempe on Sunday, October 31. Owners are encouraged to bring their pups dressed up, and will receive their first Day Drinker Light Lager for $1 when they do. The cutest dog will also earn a $100 Pedal Haus gift card.
Half of the proceeds from the Day Drinker Light Lager and the watermelon margarita that night will also go back to animal-related causes. Proceeds raised at the Tempe event will go to Valley Dog Rescue and proceeds from the Chandler event will benefit the One Love Pitbull Foundation.
Desert Ridge Marketplace
- Creep Candy Crawl – Oct.22; 6-8 p.m.
October 22, venture out to Desert Ridge Marketplace from 6 to 8 p.m. for an evening of spooky surprises during Creepy Candy Crawl. Children and families are invited to dress to impress for the annual Halloween costume contest and trick-or-treating. Plus, enjoy Halloween-themed music, dancing, games, prizes and more.
For more information, visit www.shopdesertridge.com.
- 3rd Annual Pumpkin Patch – Through Oct. 31
The third annual Pumpkin Patch returns to The District near AMC Theatres from October 15 through October 31. Pick the perfect pumpkin (while supplies last), snap a seasonal photo and enjoy free face painting apple cider, games and balloon twisting on select dates. For more information, visit www.shopdesertridge.com.
- Live & Local (ticketed event) – Oct. 24; 6-9 p.m.
The 8th annual celebration of the best in Arizona food, live entertainment and spirits is back this October! Live & Local, benefiting the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Scottsdale, transforms The District into a VIP experience boasting a delectable culinary tasting menu and entertainment lineup, including local restaurant and beverage partners, celebrity mixologists, entertainers, and more.
This standout event is unique as it celebrates local businesses while raising crucial funds for the kids in our community through the youth development programs at BGCS. For more information, visit https://shopdesertridge.com/.
- Creepy Candy Crawl – Oct. 23; 6-8p.m.
October 23, venture out to Tempe Marketplace from 6 to 8 p.m. for an evening of spooky surprises during Creepy Candy Crawl. Children and families are invited to dress to impress for the annual Halloween costume contest and trick-or-treating.
Plus, enjoy Halloween-themed music, dancing, games, prizes and more. Fore more information, visit www.tempemarketplace.com.
- Moonlit Jack-o-Lantern – Now – Oct. 31
Snap the perfect fall photo at Tempe Marketplace with the Moonlit Jack-o-Lantern. The giant, seven foot Halloween installation will be on display for the entire month of October in front of Harkins Theatre. For more information, visit www.tempemarketplace.com.
- ROCK IT UP Fall Concert Series – Oct. 30; November 2 & 3
As the weather cools down, Tempe Marketplace, Dave & Buster’s and ALT AZ are heating things up with the ROCK IT UP concert series, featuring three free, full-length concerts from some of rock’s hottest national acts. Tessa Violet + Twin XL will perform on October 30 for a special Halloween-themed with caramel and Halloween-themed apples, a smoke machine and costumes galore. iDKHOW performs on November 2 and Grabbitz on November 3.
All three evening shows will feature an outdoor bar from Dave & Buster’s while guests rock out at The District Stage. For more information, visit www.tempemarketplace.com.