It’s always heartwarming when the rich and famous use their wealth and popularity for a good cause. Thursday at the Beverly Hills Hotel, female philanthropists of Hollywood were honored at Variety’s Second Annual Power of Women Luncheon for their influential work for a variety of causes, including Jennifer Garner, Eva Mendes and Amy Adams.
Among the stars who came to support their fellow female celebs were Anne Hathaway, AnnaLynne McCord from the new “90210” (who looked so stunningly chic in all black that I included her picture below), Josh Brolin, Maria Menounos, Dania Ramirez from “Entourage” and Keifer Sutherland from “24”.
And now for the compassionate honoree! The tributes went to:
- Amy Adams (for her work on behalf of The Ghetto Film School)
- Management 360 Founding Partner Suzan Bymel (Global Creative Forum)
- Emmy-nominee and Golden Globe winner Jennifer Garner (Save the Children)
- Broadway sensation Katie Holmes (Dizzy Feet Foundation)
- Oscar-nominee Diane Lane (Heifer International)
- Four-time ALMA Award nominee Eva Mendes (Art of Elysium)
Michelle Sobrino of Variety said, “The goal of Variety’s Power of Women is to celebrate women in entertainment who have made significant contributions to the philanthropic and charitable causes closest to their hearts. By honoring this incredible group of high-profile women who are leading the charge, we hope to inspire and empower everyone within our industry — and throughout the world — to get involved and give back. We are also proud to once again be partnering with Lifetime, as they represent one of the most powerful and innovative women’s media brands in the marketplace today.”