With an abundance of gift bags and ribbon adorned presents, we live in a world of material instant gratification. But what about the gift of art? The gift of education through the arts. The gift of a night out and away from the televisions and cell phones. This year, give the gift of the arts to your loved ones with ten amazing gift ideas from Mesa Arts Center.
- Elf the Musical: Get in the spirit early and take the whole family to see this pepped-up performance on Dec. 2 and 3! (You might want to bring some candy for this one!)
- Classes for the Arts: Need a gift for the person who has everything? Get them a gift card to take one of Mesa Arts Center’s many classes; from pottery to blacksmithing and belly dance to jewelry – there is something for everyone!
- FREE Mesa Arts Festival: Skip the malls and enjoy the free Mesa Arts Festival on Dec. 13 and 14. With live music, hands-on activities for kids, yummy food options and many arts vendors with original, handmade items, everyone will enjoy the festivities.
- Mythbusters: Behind the Myths: For the science-lover on your list, pick up a pair of tickets to Mythbusters: Behind the Myths when they return to do some LIVE myth busting in the Valley on Dec. 16!
- Dave Koz & Friends Christmas Tour:
Take your special someone out for an unforgettable night of holiday tunes and the incomparable saxophonist Dave Koz, as he takes the stage with Jonathan Butler, Christopher Cross and Maysa.
- Natural Handmade Arizona Art: Want to think local? The Store at Mesa Arts Center has numerous one-of-a-kind gift options at affordable prices, and they are all handmade by Arizona artists.
- An Irish Christmas: Celebrate your holidays with Irish traditions; see music making, storytelling, Irish dancing and more.
- Membership: Looking for the perfect thing for an arts-lover? How about a membership at Mesa Arts Center? They’ll be the first to hear of new shows announced and they’ll be invited to behind the scenes previews and receptions!
- Show Gift Card: Need a guaranteed crowd pleaser? Pick up a gift card to shows! Even the pickiest person on your list can find live entertainment to enjoy in Mesa Arts Center’s Performing Live Series.
- An Evening with Paula Poundstone: New Year’s Eve is always hard to plan. Cut the stress and treat yourself to An Evening with Paula Poundstone on Dec. 31!
The Mesa Arts Center, owned and operated by the City of Mesa, is a unique, architecturally stunning, international award winning facility located in the heart of downtown Mesa. Arizona’s largest arts center is home to four theaters, five art galleries, and 14 art studios. Guests, patrons, and students come to Mesa Arts Center to enjoy the finest live entertainment and performances, world-class visual art exhibitions, and outstanding arts education classes. The facility is an architectural showpiece and a destination for visitors to the Phoenix area. The Mesa Arts Center mission is to inspire people through engaging arts experiences that are diverse, accessible, and relevant.