West Elm announced it will host a two-part series of free designer-led workshops from 6 to 8 p.m. August 8 and August 15 at all West Elm stores in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, including the two Valley-based locations. Each two-hour master class will be taught by West Elm Design Crew experts and a panel of industry professionals from Sherwin-Williams and Porch and will address the needs of customers at varying stages of their design and decorating process.
August 8: “Starting Out: How to Plan Your Space” will teach the fundamental elements of design that are necessary to establishing a home style, including topics such as:
- Understanding what balance, proportion and scale mean in a space
- Identifying and creating the right focal point for any floorplan or room
- Developing a color palette that reflects your personal style
August 15: “Styling Up: How to Tie Your Space Together” workshops will deliver styling tips and ideas such as:
- The Designer’s Rule of Three to identify key areas of focus when upgrading your home style
- Creating and laying out the ultimate gallery wall
- Completing a room using accessories, playing with pattern and adding bold color
Following each presentation, one-on-one consultations give attendees the opportunity to discuss their biggest room challenges and ask questions about their toughest design dilemmas. Attendees will also enjoy 15 percent off all evening in-store, plus $15 off their purchase of $75 or more at Sherwin-Williams.
To register to attend the free Design Crew workshops customers may visit the West Elm store locator page at westelm.com/stores, select their nearest store and click on “Store Details + Events” to RSVP.