The Best Of Our Valley 2013, held April 25 at the brand-new Maya Day and Nightclub, was a huge success, and awesome smorgasbord of Arizona’s finest foods, experiences and people. Arizona Foothills Magazine was thrilled to share it with our nearest and dearest, and their friends. Lot’s of friends. With more than two times the guests of previous years, Arizona Foothills had nearly 1,300 guests in attendance.
Fantastic Title Sponsor
The 2013 event was presented by Lexus, as made clear on the Best Of Our Valley bigscreen that kept their logo front and center. Guests were able to see and interact with the cars themselves, as AFM had wheels on-site for perusing. They screened their new promotional video during the event, unveiling their hot new model’s campaign to hundreds of Best Of winners. Watch it yourself, here:[youtube id=”fndfmd2LK6c” width=”600″ height=”350″]
Hot New Venue
The brand-new Maya Day and Nightclub opened just one day prior to the Best Of event. The Valley’s soon-to-be hottest summer scene, primed and ready for Vegas-style pool parties, was the perfect atmosphere and setup for AZ’s finest experiences.
More Winners Than Ever
With more than 250 categories for voting, the 2013 Best Of Our Valley event featured, and honored, the best of the best. We were thrilled to see our greatest friends from across town (and the US). Exactly 1,289 guests (we counted!) arrived and had their photos snapped on the red carpet. See the arrival photos here, and get to know the VIPs in this fab video from Luxe Entertainment.[youtube id=”9NiYmIdcmP0″ width=”600″ height=”350″]
The always funny and fun Javier Soto of 3TV, and Mallory Kregle of Fox Sports were our emcees for the evening. The ringleaders of AFM’s little circus, Javier and Mallory kept the event elements in-check.
The event had a plethora of fun experiences for guests to try and enjoy, including:
- Performances from Maya Day Club mermaids, winged dancers and fire-breathing performers.
- A Red Door Spa Pop-Up, featuring mini massages, hair and makeup refreshers, plus fun prizes and beauty samplings.
- A fashion show, courtesy of Jani Models and featuring winners My Sister’s Closet and Joy Li
- Shopping experiences from Beach Bunny Swimwear and Kendra Scott
- A flirty little photo booth from Fascinations, complete with naughty (and nice!) props. See the photos here.
Guests dined on delectables from:
- Kelly’s at Southbridge, who owned their title of Best Burger and flipped sliders for the crowd
- Sprinkles cupcakes, which donned a familiar logo
- Pita Pit, who featured beautifully-plated tasting-sized samples of gazpacho, hummus and baklava
- Chandon – guests loved their sips from the sparkling beverage sponsor
Missed out? Don’t worry, we took tons of photos. Click through the galleries here.
Gallery I, by KSL Gallery
Gallery II, by Danny Raustadt
Gallery III, by Debby Wolvos
Gallery IV, by Mike Benedetto
Gallery V, by Emily Carroll
Gallery VI, by Brian Cramer