$43,625.00 MSRP might seem a little steep for a midsize Toyota SUV. But, the RAV4 Prime is no ordinary SUV. Here are our top five reasons why this fully loaded plug-in is worth every penny.
1. It may only come equipped with the standard issue 2.5L four cylinder engine, however, add on two additional electric motors and a lithium-ion battery, and total output jumps to 302 hp. That’s enough ponies to propel this unassuming SUV from 0-60 in just 5.5 seconds. Watch out Supra!
2. Incredible fuel economy is the biggest draw when shopping for a plug-in hybrid. Here again, the RAV4 does not disappoint. With 94 mpg-e and 42 miles of all electric range, the RAV4 Prime secures its place as having the best electric range in its class for a plug-in.
3. Great technology is part of the XSE package. Premium JBL audio with a total of nine speakers. An available 10-inch heads up display, Android, Apple and even Alexa compatibility, plus more.
4. Plenty of driving and safety aides come standard. These include: automatic emergency braking, lane departure alert with steering assist, blind-spot monitoring, radar cruise control, auto high beams and much much more. Front and rear parking assist with automatic braking is offered on the top XSE trim.
5. Value that will last as long as the car will. Which is saying something, as the Toyota RAV4 has a reputation for reliability that’s recognized by all at this point. The fact that it’ll be relatively inexpensive to insure, maintain and repair in the event that something goes wrong, helps offset the higher price tag up front. Plus, when the time comes to eventually sell, the RAV4 holds its value better than most.