Lily Garfield knows a thing or two about beauty. As the owner of Cos Bar at Kierland Commons, Garfield has fine-tuned her skills with experience in the industry for more than 30 years. She also knows that the busy holiday season is one chock-full of shopping, parties and get-togethers with family and friends. Make every minute of your precious holiday time count with these easy makeup tips that Garfield says will minimize application time to just five minutes — promise!
1. Trace your lash lines with a black pencil, like Bobbi Brown Long-Wear. Don’t worry if the liner isn’t perfectly straight since you will be smudging it anyway.
2. Apply shadow (Les Bruns from La Prairie) across lids and under lower lashes, connecting it at the outer corners. Blend well and apply black mascara.
3. A quick dusting of contouring powder creates the illusion of structured cheekbones. Try Cle De Peau Blush Duo. Suck in your cheeks and apply powder to the hollow area.
4. Complete the look with a swipe of Yves Saint Laurent nude lipstick for balance.
5. Also, don’t forget you are never completely dressed unless you have on a fabulous perfume, like from Tom Ford’s new Private Blend Shanghai Lily!
“Changes in temperature, both indoors and out, affects the hydration of our skin,” Garfield adds. “Skin looks best and most refreshed when it’s clean and hydrated. While some rules apply year-round, like wearing daily SPF, it’s important to increase hydration in cool weather. My secret? I always schedule my La Prairie Cellular Power Infusion treatments to coincide with seasonal temperature changes. This along with a boost in moisturizer will cure cold weather, dry skin symptoms.”
Cos Bar provides personal makeovers and professional makeup consultations, while also carrying high-end beauty lines, such as NARS, Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Dior, Giorgio Armani and more.
15044 N. Scottsdale Road, #150