Initially, AFM set a goal of finding 50 worthy participants to compete in the first-ever Face of Foothills semi-finals, but had enough amazing faces to comprise a semi-finalist group of 100 models. Now, one week into the contests, contestants have as many as 1.7 million votes each, making for an intense, nail-biting voting extravaganza. Through two rounds of Web voting, concluding October 18, the candidates will be whittled down to the Top Ten from 100 Semi-Finalists. The ten favorites will meet the magazine's creative staff who will determine a winner.
The Top Ten Finalists will have friends and family at the finale event, held at W Scottsdale November 12 from 7 to 9 p.m. The ultra-hip party will be the official announcement of the winning model, complete with appetizers from Sushi Roku, fashion and Champagne. The Top Ten Finalists will all participate in the event and receive hair and makeup compliments of Taglio Salon.
The Face of Foothills model search winner will receive an unbelievable Grand Prize package, including priceless exposure and goodies valued at more than $10,000! The winner will receive:
* A cover and spread in the February 2010 issue of Arizona Foothills Magazine, which includes styling and a professional shoot with AFM’s Creative Director and Fashion Director
* A year as the face that greets AZFoothills.com readers
* A year as the face on all Arizona Foothills Magazine About Town E-Newsletters, sent weekly to tens of thousands of subscribers
* $1,000 in cash courtesy of Arizona Foothills Magazine
* $5,000 in jewelry courtesy of Molina Fine Jewelers
* A three-night stay at W Scottsdale in a Wonderful Room for two the weekend of the photo shoot
* Two rejuvenating spa treatments for two at the bliss spa
* Tasti-D-Lite frozen treat for one year
* Teeth whitening consultation and treatment by Smile by Joyce, courtesy of Dr. Joyce Bassett
* Hair extensions or styling for a year
Arizona Foothills Magazine (www.arizonafoothillsmagazine.com), with a readership of 374,000, is Arizona's leading lifestyle magazine. The magazine has the highest in-state distribution and can be found across the United States and Canada. Arizona Foothills Magazine is dedicated to providing resourceful information on dining, entertainment, homes, fashion, culture and events in Arizona. Arizona Foothills Magazine is published monthly and is audited by the Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC).
Scottsdale-based Media That Deelivers, Inc. (www.mediathatdeelivers.com) is a leading luxury magazine publisher that produces 11 titles in its luxury collection of magazines, incuding the monthly Arizona Foothills Magazine, bi-monthly Estates West. The company also publishes an array of custom products for world-renowned organizations like the Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa, The Westin Kierland, and now five JW Marriott Resorts.