The Allison Inn in Willamette Valley
By Hayley • Sep 28th, 2010 • Category: Resorts and Spas
When The Allison Inn and Spa opened a year ago in the midst of an economic downturn, no one could have predicted its star would rise so far or so fast. But Willamette Valley’s first luxury resort, which enjoys many sold-out dates, seems to have exceeded the expectations of everyone – the owners and executive team, foodies and wine-lovers, spa-goers, travel agents and journalists, restaurant reviewers, corporate executives, meeting planners/attendees, brides and their entourages, local vintners and neighbors alike – but especially the hotel industry. Now widely recognized as Oregon wine country’s premier destination resort, The Allison has been honored with a variety of accolades since it opened its doors in time for the 2009 harvest season:
• Conde Nast Traveler’s 2010 Hot Hotels and Hot Spas list
• LEED Gold certification (one of only a handful of luxury hotels in the world to receive this honor for green building initiatives)
• AAA Four Diamond Rating – recognized as Oregon wine country’s top-rated resort
• Food & Wine Magazine named The Allison’s Food & Wine Director as one of America’s Top 7 Sommeliers
• CNN named Oregon’s Wine Country & The Allison one of the Top 9 Spots in the World for Savvy Luxury Travelers – the only US mention
• Top raves have also been received from The New York Times, The Wine Spectator, Bon Appetit, The Oregonian, Hemispheres, SPA Magazine, Northwest Palate, American Spa, Sunset Magazine, The Seattle Times, Smart Meetings, Celebrated Living, Elle Décor, Alaska Airlines Magazine, etc.
The Allison appreciates the prestigious awards and media coverage, but what individual guests have to say perhaps means the most:
• 5-Star TripAdvisor review of The Allison: “My wife and I are fortunate to have traveled to many fine resorts, none better than the Allison…We only wished we had stayed another night. We’ll be back and will bring a host of friends.” – StockbrokerCharlotte, NC, Sept. 1, 2010
• 5-Star Yelp review of The Allison: “If you are visiting Oregon wine country, you simply must stay here. If you made reservations someplace else, change them. If the Allison is sold out when you want to come, change the dates of your trip…The Spa: This place is awesome. I had a massage there immediately after checking in and the spa facilities rock and the staff is the best ever (it is apparently the only destination spa in this part of the Northwest so they were able to hand-pick the very best masseuses and masseurs).” – Tom J., Washington, DC, August 8, 2010
• 5-Star Yelp review of JORY: “After that meal, I asked to see the chef to personally thank him for the meal. Something I’ve never done before.” – Kent M., Newberg, OR, Sept. 1, 2009
• 5-Star TripAdvisor review of JORY: “Two members of our party who have eaten at some of the finest restaurants said the New York steak was the best they have ever had. The salmon I had was exceptional. The service was absolutely impeccable from start to finish. First-class dining experience.” – IrishWoman97333, Corvallis, OR, August 9, 2010
• 5-Star Yelp review of JORY: “Stellar farm-to-table cuisine.” – Dan G., Chicago, IL, July 22, 2010
JORY’s Wine Country Cuisine Infinity Edge Swimming Pool Wine flights on the Terrace
The Allison Inn’s success has been a boon to the entire Willamette Valley and its more than 200 wineries, too. According to TripAdvisor’s latest poll, Willamette is second only to Napa and Sonoma Valleys as a wine region destination.
The Allison, thoughtfully placed on 35 hillside acres, is independently owned and operated, has 85 deluxe guest accommodations, inclusive of eight suites, and guest rooms span four levels. All accommodations have fireplaces, window seats, a balcony or terrace and spa-like bathrooms. Room rates are reasonable by California luxury resort standards while delivering a similar quality guest experience: $295 – $1,100 based on single/double occupancy.
JORY, The Allison’s 100-seat signature restaurant, offers Oregon Wine Country Cuisine with an emphasis on a seasonal menu and fresh, local ingredients, many from the Chef’s Garden. The wine cellar boasts 700 wines and 50 wines by the glass. A private dining room, JORY Bar, a Chef’s Table and an Open Kitchen complete the culinary offerings, along with 24-hour in-room dining. Live jazz performances take place in the Living Room on Friday and Saturday evenings. Thursday nights, the Celebrity Wine-Tender events showcase local vintners. (Consult the calendar on the website for other special events.)
The Allison Spa, nearly 15,000 sq. ft., the largest in Oregon, features 12 treatment rooms, three lounges, outdoor, landscaped garden terraces and fire pits, organic spa products complemented by ingredients grown in the garden, a swimming pool, Jacuzzi, saunas, steam rooms, Fitness Studio and a retail boutique.
Additionally, The Allison boasts 10,000 sq. ft. of meeting and catering facilities on one level with a separate entrance, Grand Foyer for receptions, a ballroom, two conference rooms and a dedicated Board Room, all with terraces and hillside views. Estate and meadow gardens are ideal for outdoor ceremonies and gatherings.
For information or reservations, phone toll-free 1-877-294-2525 or 503-554-2424. Please visit www.theAllison.com as well as on Facebook and Twitter. The Allison Inn & Spa is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts Boutique segment and is located at 2525 Allison Lane, Newberg (Willamette Valley) , Oregon 97132 (less than an hour from downtown Portland and two hours from the Oregon Coast)